How-to manually uninstall Left4Dead
I’m quit happy about steam, but today I had some problems with the game Left4Dead. Actually to be honest I had the problem for a few days and hoped it just would disappear, but because it didn’t I stuck fixing the problem >_< . So here I a quick and easy how-to for manually uninstalling Left4Dead from your computer that doesn't include a hammer or other high destructive tools.
- First close down steam. Right click in the taskbar icon and exit.
- Go to steamapps folder of steam folder. In most cases you will find this in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps
- In this folder you will find 4 files: left 4 dead base.ncf, left 4 dead binaries.ncf, left 4 dead client binary.ncf and left 4 dead sound.ncf. Remove these files.
- Next, go into the common folder, there you will find a left 4 dead folder. Again. remove it.
- Start Steam and normally left4dead will be gone in your “installed” list and will be found in the “not installed” list.
Now that wasn’t so hard, probably the reason why I didn’t found any guides about it on the net. If you want to install the game again, just use the disk or download it.