Connecting Visual Studio Code to a VM running Raspberry Pi Desktop (Raspbian)

Here is the situation, I have Raspberry Pi Desktop running in a VM and Visual Studio Code on my machine. When I try connect to my Raspberry Pi Desktop using VS Code Remote Development, I receive the error node: not found. When checking the files on the side of the Raspberry Pi Desktop, the node file is there and running the file results in:

$ ./node
-bash: ./node: No such file or directory
Continue reading “Connecting Visual Studio Code to a VM running Raspberry Pi Desktop (Raspbian)”

RPiRadio

Been working from home has some advantages like having a radio playing in the background. Unfortunately, I no longer have a classic FM radio, so in the beginning I used my phone or tablet to listen to the online radio, but I didn’t really find it practical. So, during one of the lockdown weekends I decided to do a small project creating a RPi internet radio receiver, thinking it would be quick and easy. Turns out I was a little of on the easy and quick part and it took much more time then I would like to admit to get it working. Apparently running a Music Daemon completely headless using a Bluetooth speaker on a RPi Zero is a little more challenging than one might think.

Continue reading “RPiRadio”

When SSO fails for a few on a windows RDS-Farm

On my workplace we have a small RDS-farm with a few RemoteApps and the nice thing about a strong windows environment is that is you can make use of Single sign-on (SSO), but for some reason this didn’t work for a handful of people. They always received a pop-up where they needed to enter their windows credential before getting access to the app. Not a big issue but finding the root cause took a while and I wasn’t able to find a solution on the internet. Fortunately after finding the root cause, the solution was really easy.

Continue reading “When SSO fails for a few on a windows RDS-Farm”

And then… my raspberry π crashed (x_x)

The stability of my Raspberry Pi that I use for the project Temperature Monitor is not what is should be. Sometimes it simply stops and I need to reboot the RPi to fix it, but somewhere in November a simple reboot did not work. I was able to open Grafana but it didn’t showed any new data. So I opened a ssh session only to find out that Python no longer functioned!

Pyhton.status = x_x

The same counted for some other critical functions like apt and or journalctl, but… Grafana and InflixDB still worked. The data was intact and fortunately I still had a second RPi-Zero that I had used to document the
Temperature Monitor Project. Today I found the time to move all the data from RPi to RPi.

Continue reading “And then… my raspberry π crashed (x_x)”