Here is the situation, I have Raspberry Pi Desktop running in a VM and Visual Studio Code on my machine. When I try connect to my Raspberry Pi Desktop using VS Code Remote Development, I receive the error node: not found. When checking the files on the side of the Raspberry Pi Desktop, the node file is there and running the file results in:
working from home has some advantages like having a radio playing in the
background. Unfortunately, I no longer have a classic FM radio, so in the
beginning I used my phone or tablet to listen to the online radio, but I didn’t
really find it practical. So, during one of the lockdown weekends I decided to do
a small project creating a RPi internet radio receiver, thinking it would be
quick and easy. Turns out I was a little of on the easy and quick part and it
took much more time then I would like to admit to get it working. Apparently
running a Music Daemon completely headless using a Bluetooth speaker on a RPi
Zero is a little more challenging than one might think.
The stability of my Raspberry Pi that I use for the project Temperature Monitor is not what is should be. Sometimes it simply stops and I need to reboot the RPi to fix it, but somewhere in November a simple reboot did not work. I was able to open Grafana but it didn’t showed any new data. So I opened a ssh session only to find out that Python no longer functioned!
The same counted for some other critical functions like apt and or journalctl, but… Grafana and InflixDB still worked. The data was intact and fortunately I still had a second RPi-Zero that I had used to document the Temperature Monitor Project. Today I found the time to move all the data from RPi to RPi.
In Part 1 and 2 we made it possible to read out the DHT22 sensor and save the data in an InfluxDB database. But this is not so useful if you can’t visualise the data. In this part we will install Grafana on the RPi and visualise the data in the browser.