The stability of my Raspberry Pi that I use for the project Temperature Monitor is not what is should be. Sometimes it simply stops and I need to reboot the RPi to fix it, but somewhere in November a simple reboot did not work. I was able to open Grafana but it didn’t showed any new data. So I opened a ssh session only to find out that Python no longer functioned!
The same counted for some other critical functions like apt and or journalctl, but… Grafana and InflixDB still worked. The data was intact and fortunately I still had a second RPi-Zero that I had used to document the Temperature Monitor Project. Today I found the time to move all the data from RPi to RPi.
In Part 1 and 2 we made it possible to read out the DHT22 sensor and save the data in an InfluxDB database. But this is not so useful if you can’t visualise the data. In this part we will install Grafana on the RPi and visualise the data in the browser.
This projected started about 3 years ago as an Arduino project with a Raspberry PI pulling data from a DHT22 sensor and saving it in a csv-file and evolved over time to a DHT22 connected to a Raspberry PI writing data to an InfluxDB and visualising it with Grafana, both running on the RPi. To boost the cool factor, I also added a monochrome LCD display providing the current temperature, but in this part I will only cover the DHT22 Sensor together with Grafana and InfluxDB.
So, installing .net 3.5 on a window server is not really that hard and normally you just need to run the command Add-WindowsFeature NET-Framework-Core -Source d:\sources\sxs, but recently I had a few machines where this simply failed with error code 0x800f0922 or other vague error code. Looking up these errors provided me with more than enough results in DuckDuckGo, but unfortunately none of them provided a solutions. In a few cases I even ended up with reinstalling the OS. And that was also the only lead I had. Clean installed machines didn’t had this issue, but machines that already received updates had the issue. Hmm…